Shenanigans Ep8: Taking Bill Simmons to Task on the NBA Lockout!
Hey Hey everybody.. this is episode 8 of the Shenanigans podcast hosted by Passtherelish!
This week the gang offers counter-arguments to sportswriter Bill Simmons’ pro-owner arguments after NBA lockout was finally concluded last week! Woo Hoo!
The gang feels really bad. We are all huge Bill Simmons fans, with Mando even listening to every one of his NBA related podcasts 6 times over, but enough is enough…. we decided to get together and do something about the pro-NBA owner ranting that’s drilling holes into our heads. Yikes!
Here’s a summary of all the points we address in sequential order in case you want to follow along:
- Should athletes just accept whatever owners tell them they are worth?
- We are talking about precentage of B.R.I. not totals!!!!! aaahhh!
- Are the NBA players way overpaid and is the league actually losing a lot of money?
- The three pro-NBA player points that no one is talking about (including the union): Flipping franchises, Real-Estate Ponzi Schemes, and Player Prestige. DO NOT MISS THIS!
- Why is the mid-level exception so damn important to players? We tell you. lol.
- What the hell do public sector workers, banks, and personal responsibility have to do with any of this? haha. We also tell you this.
Hope you guys enjoy! – Mando